To enter the competition simply select the ‘Upload Photo’ tab below and complete the registration form. When you upload a photo you are automatically registered for the competition and will receive an email with your registration details (Please check spam folder if not received). You can vote for your favourite images in the People Choice Award on this website by clicking on an image and using the ‘Vote’ button or via our Facebook page using the ‘like’ feature. See our FAQ page for further information.
Rules of Entry
- In order to be suitable for publication, photographs that are submitted must be of medium to high resolution in JPEG (.jpg) format. The file needs to be a minimum 2000 pixels on longest side for website uploads and a maximum 3000 pixels at a max 10MB in size. Winners of the competition may be contacted to supply larger format images if available for exhibition purposes. NOTE: Large files may take some time to load, depending on your internet speed - please be patient when uploading.
- Entries close at 5pm on Friday 30 June 2017.
- Entries are to be submitted via the entries portal at lifeandlight.com.au after the completion of an online entry form. – image files must be named in accordance with the photo title on the entry form.
- Hard copies will not be accepted, although if you are unable to submit photos via the online portal a USB stick with the photos and entry form can be mailed or dropped in to Henry Gregory – LLS Office, 32 Enterprise Way, Buronga, NSW, 2739.
- Subject matter of photos entered into the competition is restricted to the locality of the Local Land Services Western Region. To find out if your photo was taken within the Western Region you can check out the regional borders at: http://www.lls.nsw.gov.au/
- Subject matter is restricted to the locality of the Western Region and should address the theme of this year’s competition: “Healthy Landscapes – Healthy Food”.
- Photographs should address the theme of this year's competition: Healthy Landscapes - Healthy Food. How well a photograph fits to this theme will be a part of the judging criteria.
- Entries will be limited to 4 photos per category per person and 10 in total. Any photos entered in excess of this will not be considered.
- The copyright of each entry submitted remains with the photographer, however, Western Local Land Services and Western Landcare NSW reserve the right to use any entry for promotional purposes. Each sponsor reserves the right to use any entry submitted to their corresponding category.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel comprises of a Local Land Services Western Local Board Member, a Western Landcare NSW Steering Committee Member and a professional photographer.
- Notification of shortlisted nominations will be sent via email and a phone call as well as being published on the Local Land Services Western Region and Western Landcare NSW websites and Facebook pages.
- Prizes will be awarded as set out for each category to winners and second place. A “Highly Commended’ prize for each category will also be presented.
- The Life and Light in the Western Region Photographic Competition 2017 is open to ALL interested persons except judges of the competition, professional photographers, Western Local Land Services and Western Landcare employees, Western Local Land Services Board Members, Western Landcare NSW Steering Committee Members and the immediate family (householders) of these exceptions. Professional photographers, for the purpose of this competition, are deemed to be:
(A) A person who has an active Australian Business Number and the main stream of business for that ABN is photography.
(B) A person who promotes themselves as a professional photographer (e.g. has business cards and/or advertises their services).
- Each entrant must create a login at lifeandlight.com.au that will consist of that entrant’s name, address, and contact telephone number. For each photograph submitted the entrant must provide the title, location (property or town), approximate date of the photograph and the category it is to be entered into.