2020 Photography Competition Gallery
Rules of Entry
- Entries close at 5pm on Friday 10th July 2020.
- Entries are to be submitted via the entries portal at lifeandlight.com.au after the completion of an online entry form. – image files must be named in accordance with the photo title on the entry form. Hard copies or photos submitted on a USB will not be accepted. All photos must be submitted through an online account at lifeandlight.com.au.
- Subject matter is restricted to the locality of the Local Land Services Western Region and should address the theme of this year’s competition: “Love Our Outback”. To view the boundaries of the Western Local Land Services region click here.
- The judging is done anonymously, consequently any photos with watermarks will not be accepted into the competition.
- The entrant accepts complete responsibility for gaining permission to enter and publish photos of the people featured in their photograph. The Light & Light Western Competition accepts no liability for entrants that have not been given permission to enter and publish photos of people featured in the entered photograph.
- Photographs should have been taken no earlier than January 2019, must be unpublished and should not have won any other competition open to the general public.
- Entries will be limited to 4 photos per category per person. Any photos entered in excess of this will not be considered.
- Photos cannot be entered into multiple categories. For example, the same photo cannot be entered into the Secondary category and the Open Colour category. Likewise, a colour photo cannot be changed to black and white and then entered into the Open Black and White category.
- Photos that have been digitally enhanced in any way are not eligible for entry.
- Professional photographers are not eligible to enter the competition. You are classed as professional if you have an ABN and make 50% or more of your yearly income from photography.
- The copyright of each entry submitted remains with the photographer, however, Western Local Land Services and Western Landcare NSW reserve the right to use any entry for promotional purposes. Each sponsor reserves the right to use any entry submitted to their corresponding category.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel is comprised of a Local Land Services Western nominee, a Western Landcare NSW nominee and a professional photographer.
- Notification of shortlisted nominations will be sent via email and a phone call as well as being published on the Local Land Services Western Region and Western Landcare NSW websites and Facebook pages.
- Prizes will be awarded as set out for each category to winners, second place and third place. See guidelines and website for more details on categories and prizes.
- The Life and Light in the Western Region Photographic Competition 2020 is open to ALL interested persons except judges of the competition, Western Local Land Services and Western Landcare employees, Western Local Land Services Board Members and Western Landcare NSW Executive Members. Family members of WLNSW and WLLS employees are welcome to enter, however they will be ineligible for judging.
- In order to be suitable for publication, photographs that are submitted must be of high resolution in JPEG (.jpg) format. The file needs to be a minimum 2000 pixels on longest side for website uploads and a maximum 5000 pixels at a max 10MB in size. Winners of the competition may be contacted to supply larger format images for exhibition purposes. If high resolution copies cannot be provided the entry may be disqualified from the competition. NOTE: Large files may take some time to load, depending on your internet speed - please be patient when uploading.
- Each entrant must create a login at lifeandlight.com.au that will consist of that entrant’s name, address, and contact telephone number. For each photograph submitted the entrant must provide the title, location (property or town), year of the photograph and the category it is to be entered into.
- Votes for the People's Choice award will close on the 1oth July at 11:59pm.
Specific Category Rules:
For colour photographs + Open division available for all ages + Photo content must be from within the Western Local Land Services Region + Photo must have been taken after 1 Jan 2019
Black and White Open:
For black and white photographs + Open division available for all ages + Photo content must be from within the Western Local Land Services Region + Photo must have been taken after 1 Jan 2019.
For colour AND black and white photographs + Open to high school students Years 7-12 + Photo content must be from within the Western Local Land Services Region + Photo must have been taken after 1 Jan 2019
For colour AND black and white photographs + Open to primary school students Years K-6 + Photo content must be from within the Western Local Land Services Region + Photo must have been taken after 1 Jan 2019
All photos entered into the competition automatically go into this category. The winner is determined by votes/likes that occur on our Facebook page. (see Facebook page here)