Theme: From where I stand.
Rules of Entry
- Entries close at 5pm on Monday 11th April 2022.
- Entries are to be submitted via the entries portal at lifeandlight.com.au after the completion of an online entry form. – image files must be named in accordance with the photo title on the entry form. Hard copies or photos submitted on a USB will not be accepted. All photos must be submitted through an online account at lifeandlight.com.au.
- Subject matter is restricted to the locality of the Western Local Land Services region and should address the theme of this year’s competition: From where I stand. For more information on the Western Local Land Services region go to lls.nsw.gov.au.
- The judging is done anonymously, consequently any photos with watermarks will not be accepted into the competition.
- The entrant accepts complete responsibility for gaining permission to enter and publish photos of the people featuring in their photograph. The Light and Light Photo Competition accepts no liability for entrants that have not been given permission to enter and publish photos of people featuring in the entered photograph.
- Photographs should have been taken no earlier than 1 January 2021, must be unpublished and should not have won any other competition open to the general public.
- Entries will be limited to 20 images in total.
- The copyright of each entry submitted remains with the photographer, however, Western Local Land Services and Western Landcare NSW reserve the right to use any entry for promotional purposes. Each sponsor reserves the right to use any entry submitted to their corresponding category.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel comprises a Western Local Land Services nominee, a Western Landcare NSW nominee and a professional photographer.
- Notification of shortlisted nominations will be sent via email and a phone call as well as be published on the competition’s Facebook page.
- Prizes will be awarded as set out for each category to winners and second place. A “Highly Commended’ prize for each category will also be presented. See guidelines and website for more details on categories and prizes.
- The Life and Light in the Western Region Photographic Competition 2022 is open to all interested persons except judges of the competition and their immediate family, Western Local Land Services and Western Landcare NSW employees, Western Local Land Services Board Members and Western Landcare NSW Steering Committee Members.
- In order to be suitable for publication, photographs that are submitted must be of high resolution in JPEG (.jpg) format. The file needs to be a minimum 2000 pixels on the longest side for website uploads and a maximum 5000 pixels at a max 10MB in size. Winners of the competition may be contacted to supply larger format images for exhibition purposes. If high resolution copies cannot be provided the entry may be disqualified from the competition. NOTE: Large files may take some time to load, depending on your internet speed - please be patient when uploading.
- Each entrant must create a login at lifeandlight.com.au that will consist of that entrant’s name, address, and contact telephone number. For each photograph submitted the entrant must provide the title, location (property or town), year of the photograph and the category it is to be entered into.
- Votes for the People's Choice award will close on Friday 29th April 2022 at 11:59pm.
- Must be taken in the Western Local Land Services Region.
- Must have been taken after January 1st 2021.
- Must align with 2022 Theme: "From where I stand"
Category Specific Rules:
Kangaroos in our Landscape:
- Must contain kangaroo(s) within the image.
- Can show individual or large mobs of kangaroos engaging within natural or built environments.
Nature in the Spotlight:
- Must be up close images of anything nature related. The centre piece of the image must be dominant.
Mans Best Friend:
- Must contain dogs. Can display dogs of all shapes and sizes showcasing the reason why they play such a huge part in our lives and business’s.
Wool & Livestock:
- Images are characterised by content that relates to wool & livestock (i.e. sheep, cattle, goats, poultry etc.), farming activities (i.e. shearing, feeding, mustering etc.). Highly flexible category.
- Open to people aged 16 or younger as of 11th April 2022.
- Must have content fitting any of the above categories.
All photos accepted into one of the above categories will automatically go into this category as well. The winner is determined by votes/likes that occur on the competition’s Facebook page. facebook.com/lifeandlightphotocomp/.