The theme of this year’s Life and Light Photographic competition is “Spirit of Country”. This theme aims to help showcase our region from a range of different perspectives and display the many reasons why people love to reside in and visit the Western NSW outback. Photographers are encouraged to capture different perspectives of the region that they appreciate the most within the subcategories, and it is hoped that submissions will include both agricultural and environmental perspectives.
- Must be taken in the Western Local Land Services Region.
- Must have been taken after January 1st 2023.
- Must align with 2024 Theme: “Spirit of Country”
- Read competition Rules of Entry
Category Specific Rules
Sponsored by Bourke Bowling Club
- Any image that aligns with the competition theme but does not fit into any other categories
Open Black and White
Sponsored by Western Landcare NSW
- Any Black and white image that aligns with the competition theme.
Wool & Livestock
Sponsored by Platinum Livestock – Matt Pawley
- Images are characterised by content that relates to wool & livestock (i.e. sheep, cattle, goats, poultry etc.), farming activities (i.e. shearing, feeding, mustering etc.). Highly flexible category.
Nature in the Spotlight
Sponsored by Monak Wine Co
- Images which contain Flora and Fauna as the dominant and primary subject located in the western region.
Sponsored by the Euston Club
Any image captured by a photographer deemed by the competition organiser as semi professional. (See competition rules) Please note: Semi Professional photographers will not be eligible for the peoples choice category.
Sponsored by the White Cliffs Hotel
All photos accepted into one of the above categories will automatically go into this category as well. The winner is determined by votes/likes that occur on the competition’s Facebook page. facebook.com/lifeandlightphotocomp/.
Sponsored by Far West Rural Supplies – Broken Hill
Must be aged 16 or under when competition closes on 31st March 2024. ALL JUNIOR ENTRIES MUST BE ENTERED WITH A DATE OF BIRTH AND IN THEIR OWN NAME.