Where did the theme come from?
The theme of this year’s Life and Light Photographic competition is “From where I stand”. It was the winning entry in our theme competition earlier in the year entered by Lucy Cullinan. This theme aims to help showcase our region from a range of different perspectives and display the many, many reasons why people love their part of the Western NSW outback. Photographers are encouraged to capture different perspectives of the region that they appreciate the most within the subcategories, and it is hoped that submissions will include both agricultural and environmental perspectives.
- Must be taken in the Western Local Land Services Region
- Must have been taken after January 1st 2021,
- Must align with 2022 Theme: From where I stand
Category Specific Rules
Sponsored by Western Local Land Services
- Any colour image that fits the theme but does not fall into the below categories
Open Black and White
Sponsored by Western Landcare NSW
- Any black and white image that fits the theme but does not fall into the below categories
Kangaroos in Our Landscape
Sponsored by the Kangaroo Management Taskforce
- Must contain kangaroo(s) within the image.
- Can show individual or large mobs of kangaroos engaging within natural or built environments.
Nature in the Spotlight
Sponsored by the Biodiversity Conservation Trust
- Must be up close images of anything nature related. The centre piece of the image must be dominant.
Wool & Livestock
Sponsored by Fox and Lillie Rural
- Images are characterised by content that relates to wool & livestock (i.e. sheep, cattle, goats, poultry etc.), farming activities (i.e. shearing, feeding, mustering etc.). Highly flexible category.
Man’s Best Friend
Sponsored by Platinum Livestock Matt Pawley
- Must contain dogs. Can display dogs of all shapes and sizes showcasing the reason why they play such a huge part in our lives and business’s.
Sponsored by Far West Rural Broken Hill
- Open to people aged 16 or younger as of 11th April 2022 – Sponsored by Far west rural Broken Hill
- Must have content fitting any of the above categories.
Sponsored by the National recovery and resilience agency
All photos accepted into one of the above categories will automatically go into this category as well. The winner is determined by votes/likes that occur on the competition’s Facebook page. facebook.com/lifeandlightphotocomp/.